If you have any feedback on how we can make our new website better please do contact us. We would like to hear from you.
Immediate Needs and Opportunties to Contribute
Volunteer your time and skills
Members of the Big Bear Valley Habitat For Humanity affiliate are very excited about starting our next home.
To date several generous organizations have stepped forward to commit to providing some of the basic materials, but the itemized list identifies those items which we currently need for our next home.
Following this list is a set of general requirements, "Opportunites to Contribute," needed to support our local affiliate. Please contact us if you believe you can help satisfy some of our requirements.
8. Plumbing materials: finish a. Shower valves b. Kitchen sink c. 2 lav tops or sinks d. Faucets e. Tub showers f. Toilets
9. Heating: in attic a. FAU unit - size TBD b. Installer c. Material: duct and registers d. Heat design
10. Lumber a. Rough b. Finish - doors, casing, base
13. Counter tops a. Kitchen b. 2 bath: cultured marble or Formica
14. Electrical a. 110 panel b. Romex – boxes etc. rough c. Finish – plugs, switches, cover plates d. Fixtures – 2-3 exterior lights, dining, 2 bath, 2 exhaust fans, 3 ceiling fans for bedroom
15. Drywaller and drywall material
16. Roofing material and labor
18. Carpet and Vinyl
19. Towel bars and T.P.
21. Window blinds
22. Asphalt driveway
23. Paint materials.
> Build new homes > Site clearing and leveling > Foundation build-up > Flooring > Plumbing > Framing > Roofing construction, sheathing and shingling > Siding installation > Electrical > Heating and venting > Interior and exterior painting > Drywall and insulation > Interior cabinetry and installation > Driveway asphalt > Landscaping
• Rehabitat Selected homes • Create construction plans and drawings • Assist in build site assessment • Facilitate professional contractor relations • Direct volunteers in construction assignments Site selection • Help obtain and select appropriate building sites • Assist in land transfer and titling • Obtain building permits
Organization • Become a board member • Participate in annual planning
Church Relations • Assist in church recruitment • Coordinate church communications • Maintain contact with local churches • Encourage Habitat activity within churches
Family Relations • Identify/screen/interview applicant families • Family selection/liason/training • Help families understand homeowners obligations and duties • Monitor "sweat equity" compliance • Coordinate house dedicaton ceremonies Fundraising • Plan/develop/administer fundraising activities • Plan special events • Coordinate special events • Coordinate donor relations and recognition
Marketing and Public Relations • Create press releases • Distribute Press releases • Publicize Habitat activities • Create promotional material • Coordinate direct mail campaigns • Design/publish monthly newsletter
Financial • Create annual budget • Maintain financial and business records • Make financial payments • Submit monthly mortgage statements • Maintain bank account • Submit monthly financial statement to board
Volunteers • Participate in volunteer recruitment • Direct volunteers toward appropriate committees • Coordinate volunteer orientation • Particpate in volunteer scheduling